Be Ready & Save Money
Great for galleries, artists, auction houses, interior designers, and art installers. Be ready to hang your next byobu by having screen hanging kits on hand.
Made of heavy duty Lucite, these unobtrusive hangers provide a safe and tasteful way to hang folding screens. They have been specifically designed for hanging traditional Japanese folding screens (byobu) on drywall. Trusted by museums, art galleries installers, and collectors for over 20 years.
In each Assortment Pack of Screen Hanger Kits:· 2 Sets of 2-Panel Hanger Kits
· 2 Sets of 4-Panel Hanger Kits
· 2 Sets of 6-Panel Hanger Kits
Advice on SizeThe channel of each clip measures 3/4". This accommodates most traditional Japanese screens with lacquer edging. If your screen is thinner than this, a piece of acid-free matboard or paper can be used to line the back of the channel so that it sits snugly in place.
Advice on ColorFor a standard screen with a black lacquer edge, we recommend using black clips. If your lacquer edging is a natural wood, orange, red, or other color, we recommend the clear clips.
Installing a 4-panel Japanese screen (byobu) with screen clips:
- Position your bottom row of screen clips in the center of each fold. Use the double sided positioning tape on the back of the clips. Once they are level and straight, nail them into place. Place the screen in the channel created by the screen clips.
- Have someone hold the screen in place (place pressure along the folds where there are wooden supports beneath the paper/silk). Use a tissue or soft cloth to protect the surface from oils on your hands. Slide the top clip over the top edge, placed at each fold and nail into place.
- Position the side clips, one at either end in the center of the screen height and nail it in place. The installation is complete!